The earliest and simplest statement of Christian belief is THE APOSTLES' CREED, which reads as follows:
"I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried; He descended into hell; the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from there He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy church of Jesus Christ*, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life of everlasting. Amen."
* That is, the true Christian church of all times and all places.
ຂ້າພະເຈົ້າເຊື່ອໄວ້ວາງໃຈໃນພຣະຣາດຊະບິດາເຈົ້າ ຜູ້ຊົງຣິດທານຸພາບສູງສຸດ, ຜູ້ຊົງນີຣະມິດສ້າງຟ້າແລະດິນ.
ຂ້າພະເຈົ້າເຊື່ອໄວ້ວາງໃຈໃນພຣະເຢຊູຄຣິສ ພຣະຣາດຊະບຸດອົງດຽວຂອງພຣະອົງ, ຜູ້ຊົງເປັນພຣະຜູ້ເປັນເຈົ້າຂອງຂ້າພະເຈົ້າທັງຫລາຍ ພຣະອົງຊົງປະຕິສົນທິເປັນມະນຸດໂດຍພຣະວິນຍານບໍຣິສຸດ, ຊົງປະສູດຈາກນາງມາຣິອາ ຍິງພົມມະຈາຣີ, ຊົງທົນທຸກທໍລະມານດ້ວຍປີຣາດຜູ້ປົກຄອງ, ຊົງຖືກຄຶງໄວ້ທີ່ໄມ້ກາງແຂນ, ຊົງສິ້ນພຣະຊົນ, ຊົງຖືກບັນຈຸໃນອຸບໂມງ, ສະເດັດລົງໄປສູ່ແດນມໍລະນາ, ໃນວັນຖ້ວນສາມພຣະອົງຊົງຄືນ ພຣະຊົນ ແລ້ວສະເດັດຄືນສູ່ສະຫວັນສະຖານ, ຊົງປະທັບຢູ່ກ້ຳຂວາຂອງ ພຣະຣາດຊະບິດາເຈົ້າ ຜູ້ຊົງຣິດທານຸພາບສູງສຸດ, ຈາກທີ່ນັ້ນແຫລະ, ພຣະອົງຈະສະເດັດຄືນມາຊົງພິພາກສາທັງຄົນເປັນແລະຄົນຕາຍ.
ຂ້າພະເຈົ້າເຊື່ອໃນອົງພຣະວິນຍານບໍຣິສຸດ, ໃນພຣະຄຣິສຕະຈັກສາກົນອັນບໍຣິສຸດ, ໃນຄວາມສາມັກຄີທັມລະຫວ່າງໄພ່ພົນທັງປວງຂອງພຣະເຈົ້າ, ໃນການພຣະຣາດຊະທານອະໄພໂທດບາບ, ໃນການຊົງບັນດານໃຫ້ຊາກຮ່າງກາຍຄືນມາຈາກຕາຍແລະໃນການຊົງໂຜດໃຫ້ຮັບຊີວິດອັນຕະຫລອດໄປເປັນນິດ. ອາແມນ
The Church of the Nazarene has 16 Articles of Faith.
Here is a summary of these 16 statements:
1.We believe in one God, the Creator of all things, who reveals Himself as Father, Son and Spirit.
2. We believe in Jesus Christ, who is fully God and fully Man at the same time, who became like us to bring about our salvation.
3. We believe in the Holy Spirit, who is active in the world, bringing us to salvation.
4. We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, giving us all we need to know about how to be saved.
5. We believe that we are all sinners by both nature and act and need God's forgiveness and cleansing.
6. We believe that Jesus Christ died on the Cross and that, by trusting in His death, we can be restored to a right relation to God.
7. We believe that God has enabled us to turn to Him from sin but that He has not forced us to do so.
8. We believe that each person must repent, turn away from sin, and trust Christ to accept him or her. We believe that when we turn from sin and trust in Christ, the old record of sin is wiped clean, and we are born anew, thus becoming part of the family of God.
10. We believe that after being born anew, we need the fullness of God's Spirit in our hearts. When we make a complete commitment to Him, He cleanses our spirit, fills us with His perfect love, and gives us the power to live victoriously.
11. We believe that the Church is the Body of Christ, carrying on His mission through the power of the Holy Spirit. We believe in baptism and urge people to be baptized as Christians.
13. We believe in the Lord's Supper.
14. We believe that God can heal. We pray for healing. We also believe that He can work through medical science.
15. We believe that Jesus Christ is coming again.
16. We believe that everyone will face judgment of God with its rewards and punishments.
(Excerpts from An Introduction to Membership Church of the Nazarene. A statement of belief has little value without the action of believing.)
Cornerstone Bible Church of the Nazarene
120 N. Main Street
South Elgin, Illinois 60177